Sunday, February 20, 2011

Menu from February 15-21

My menus usually run from Tuesday through Monday. I will try to post the previous week on Sunday or Monday evenings. I normally grocery shop on Tuesday afternoons after preparing the menu and grocery list on Monday nights.

Tuesday (I get home too late from the grocery store to begin cooking.)

Rotisserie Chicken from the grocery store
Leftover Rice
Frozen green beans - steamed. Added dried cranberries and sliced almonds to the green beans.

Wednesday

Spaghetti with Tomato and Sausage Sauce from All Recipes.com
Green salad with artichokes, red pepper, feta cheese, sliced almonds and a vinaigrette
Homemade French Bread - my recipe

I made enough sauce to be able to put two quarts in the freezer for the future.

Thursday

My husband worked late, so my son, daughter and I ate out.

Friday

Grilled Hamburgers
Cole Slaw
Baked Beans

I try to keep it simple on Fridays.

Saturday

Spicy Mango Shrimp (from the February 2011 issue of Southern Living, p. 108.)
Coconut Lime Rice (same Southern Living, same page.)
Leftover Cole Slaw

This was a great meal and relatively quick and easy!

Sunday

Baked Ham
Black-eyed peas
Turnip Greens
Harvest Squash Medley (from the 1994 Southern Living Recipe yearbook, p. 268.)
Favorite Corn Muffins (recipe # 18653 from Food.com)
Frozen Pecan Pie

I used only Butternut Squash and apples for the squash medley. It was very good!

I have lots of leftovers from the week so next week's menu will have leftovers on it!

Some other things I did this week:
I tried my hand at homemade yogurt (recipe #32460, Food.com.) It is very good. I am using some of the yogurt to make yogurt cheese to use for a cream cheese like spread.

I also made Bread Machine Bagels (recipe #248913, Food.com) today (Sunday) for breakfasts during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment